May 24, 2011

Horizontal Stripes

After the roller shade was hidden in my son's bedroom, it was time to sew the curtain panels (if there's a title before 'beginner sewer', that would be me.... a straight stitch is my best friend).  I gathered the fabric and materials needed to make the curtains and got to work.

Sew

The fabric (Lexington Olive, available through Tonic Living) arrived a few weeks ago and I knew I was going to like the curtains as soon as I hung the fabric for a 'test run'.  I was excited to finally start the project (and finish!).... the horizontal-striped curtains have been sewn and are hung.... here they are...

Curtains

Here's what the window looked like only a few days ago (that is a simple roller shade mounted inside the window)....

Roller Shade

And now...

Curtains

Curtains

I sewed two floor to ceiling curtain panels.... I kept the top and bottom of the curtain fabric frayed to give a casual look and I didn't line the curtains.  I only hung them to add color around the window side of the room.  For complete darkness, I pull down a roller shade that is behind the fabric-covered board mounted inside the window, tutorial for the fabric board is here.

Curtains

To hang the long curtains, I used hardware (rod and clip rings) that was used in our house in VA, they were originally from Walmart (and pretty cheap!).

Curtains

And, one last look from directly across the window...

Curtains

The bedroom is done!!!  I've finished sewing, decorating and organizing, so I'll be posting before and after pictures of the bedroom at the end of the week!  Stay tuned!!!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE that fabric. Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.... and the price was even better, only $8.49/yd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you make things look so beautiful and so easy to do! Looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any idea where to get a similar fabric? I love these curtains and really want something similar but have been having a hard time finding a similar fabric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - Spoonflower has 8" wide striped fabric available in a few colors on any type of material. And the great thing about spoonflower is that if you can't find fabric you like, you can create your own. www.spoonflower.com/fabric/504156

      Good luck :)

      Delete
  6. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    Profile.hatena.ne.jp
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...