Feb 7, 2011

Dino-mite Boys Bedroom

Last week I posted photos of amazingly designed boy's bedrooms, then my detailed (maybe too detailed) thought process on how I eventually came up with a plan for my 3-year old's new room.  Here's the plan... it's DINO-mite!!!

1  Paint: Benjamin Moore Grant Beige on all four walls.

2  Window Treatment: the Dandy Cotton chocolate/white large polka dot fabric will be made into either a roman shade or ceiling-to-floor-length drapes (and possibly a pillow).  Fabric is by Premier Prints Fabrics, available thru Buy Fabrics.

Lamp: Clip Led Lamp for reading during rest time or before bed, available at Target (already have it, cross that off the list!).

4  Duvet Cover: the natural linen duvet shown is from Pottery Barn and is actually trimmed in velvet, but I need to spend as little as possible on the duvet... so I plan to sew a duvet out of dropcloth (soooo cheap!).

Blanket: already have a green blanket!!!  Cross that off the list too...

6  Sheets: my 3-year old is all about dinosaurs, so when I saw Dinosaur Sheeting from Pottery Barn Kids, I was sold (not sold on the price, but if I keep other costs to a minimum I can swing the sheets!!!).  So perfect... I love how all the colors in the room are tied together in the sheet -- white/cream, tan, brown and green.

Euro Pillow: the West Elm studded pillow is so sophisticated, I love it!  Oh, and we already have this too!

8  Throw Pillow: of course we all need at least one throw pillow, so here's a great print.... Grass Green available thru Tonic Living.

9   Map: Jordens Vegetation Map Giclee is on my wish list... it's so great, I love the colors!  It's from Ballard Designs and would go so perfect with this room.  I don't think it's in the budget, but I'll be keeping my eye out for something similar, only a little less $$.

10  Chair: the Jules junior desk chair from Ikea would be a perfect fit for drawing at the desk (eventually studying) and easily slide under the desk when not it use.

11  Furniture: we're using the furniture we already have for his bedroom... a wooden twin captains bed (seen here), two small side-by-side armoires and a desk.  To change it up a bit, I'm going to trim off a few pieces on the desk and paint it green to look similar to the green Parsons desk that West Elm used to sell.

Time to go shopping!!!

1 comment:

  1. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Pinclone.net
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...