Jan 31, 2011

Roll on the Paint

Since I've been doing a lot of (re)painting, I thought I'd show a tip on how to keep the work moving along... a lot faster.  I used to buy the metal paint tray, pour paint in the tray, and move the tray sooo very carefully every time I inched down the wall to roll more paint.  Of course there were times I wouldn't be paying attention, accidentally kick the tray and paint would splatter (usually all over me!).  Then a painter gave me a very useful tip on rolling my walls.....

Pour the wall paint in a 5-gallon bucket and slide in a metal grate (the roller handle even hooks on the grate as a holder.... so perfect!)...


Then dip the roller about half-way in the paint to coat the roller...


Then lift the roller toward the top of the grate and roll downward on the grate a few times to remove excess paint.  Keep rolling down until the roller is ready for the wall.  Now, paint!!!


When work is done for the day, slide a plastic shopping bag over the bucket (and roller) for an easy way to keep the paint fresh and ready for the next day (there's no shortage of Target shopping bags in this house!).


A 5-gallon bucket is heavy duty and perfect for my paint jobs.  No more knocking over paint trays... this bucket can hold its own!

10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to do this!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes painting so much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

    Click Here
    Soundcloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    Click Here
    Noisetrade.com
    Website

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Opencollective.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Smartpink.or.id
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...